We decided to put our own spin on the latest cooking trend; Baked Feta Pasta. Whenever possible we like to add beer into a recipe to make it more interesting. This one is fairly simple and only has a small number of ingredients.
Baked Feta Pasta with Helles
1 x 400g block of feta cheese
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 medium Spanish onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Bunch of fresh basil chopped
2 to 3 cups of your favourite pasta
1/4 cup Helles Island Lager (drink the rest of the can while you cook)
- Preheat oven to 400F with a rack in the middle
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions
- Chop up onions, garlic and basil (set the basil aside you won't need it until after it's baked)
- Place the feta cheese in the centre of a baking dish and surround it with the cherry tomatoes
- Toss in the onions and the garlic
- drizzle with the olive oil
- Pour in the Helles Island Lager
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Set the oven to broil for the last 5 minutes to give the tomatoes and the cheese a bit of char. Keep an eye on it this stage, you don't want to burn it completely.
- Remove the dish from the oven and add your chopped basil and parmesan cheese on top
- After draining your pasta pour into the baking pan with the feta and tomatoes.
- Mix everything up and serve with a salad and Helles Island Lager.