1 yellow onion minced
1 carrot minced
4 cloves roasted garlic minced
1 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
1 can People’s Pint Helles Island Lager
1/2 cup butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1tbsp ground mustard
Pinch Old Bay
3 cups sharp Cheddar shredded
Salt /pepper to taste
1. Saute onions, garlic and carrots until soft.
2. Add butter until melted.
3. Slowly add in the flour to make a roux, then add all the other dry ingredients.
4. Add all wet ingredients; stir often until thickened on medium heat.
5. Once thickened turn off and add sharp Cheddar.
6. Stir until all the cheese is melted and incorporated.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Blend until smooth (either in a blender or with a hand blender).
Garnish with crispy onions, crumbled bacon, and/or croutons.