Our Values and Who We Are
When you walk through our door, you'll see our motto on the wall "Beer By the People For the People" and that phrase encompasses more than just beer.
As a community focused brewery, we provide a space for community events and support various groups and charities financially through beer sales. We provide a platform for historically marginalized voices and lift them up in any way that we can.
People’s Pint Core Values
- The Highest Quality Product - Our beers are made with the finest ingredients, in small batches with great care. We will not serve or sell a beer that doesn't meet our highest quality standards. Part of our commitment to quality is also consistency. Our beers will taste the way you expect them to every time.
- Inclusivity and Diversity - All are welcome at our brewery, and we will not tolerate any kind of discrimination or racist, sexist or homophobic behaviours. We stand with traditionally marginalized people and use our platform to be allies in whatever way we can.
- Community - We are an active member of our local community, the home brewing community and the craft beer community. As a member of these communities, we support and sustain one another.
- Education - We welcome your craft beer questions. The more we all know, the better our appreciation is for the beer. There is no such thing as a stupid question, and we'll never talk down to anyone who does not know something. We learn by listening and having an open mind. We are all always learning.
- Commitment to Service - We strive to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests, and we are committed to growing and maintaining relationships with all the people we deal with, whether they be our guests, staff or suppliers.
Many of you already know that we have a brewery cat on site named Maris. Maris was adopted as part of the working cat program at the OSPCA. She was a formerly feral cat who provides us with a very valuable service; keeping our brewery rodent free. She has cut down on the need for us to use harmful poisons and chemicals to deal with our rodent friends. Additionally, she is well-loved by our staff and guests.
We are also striving to be a more eco-friendly brewery in the products we use and the ingredients we source. And we believe in paying our staff a competitive wage and have set hourly rates well above the minimum.
These measures cost more than the usual unsustainable options, but we feel it's important to do as a responsible business.
Our brewery is a safe space where all are welcome. This sign is displayed prominently in our Taproom and on our Patio:
We stand behind these values and are very proud to uphold them every day. We also know we can always do better and are open to dialogue about how to make that happen. Please email or DM us anytime to talk.